Les Miserables: Ex-criminal can't catch a fucking break. Crazy cop can't handle multi-dimensional personalities. Boring love interest remains everyone's least favorite character. Everyone you love dies.
The Phantom of the Opera: Overly dramatic opera singer is caught between a dick boyfriend and a serious case of Stockholm syndrome.
Wicked: Misunderstood loner chick tries to help people and everyone fucks her over anyway.
West Side Story: Romeo and Juliet with really tame gangs and sassy Puerto Ricans.
Grease: If your asshole love interest doesn't like your personality, change everything about yourself.
Rent: AIDS sucks.
Cats: Freaky looking cats. That's it. There's literally no plot.
There are three things that the Harry Potter fandom seems to universally agree upon:
1. Umbridge is awful
2. Maggie Smith is a perfect Professor McGonagall
3. Everyone should be at least slightly bothered by DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIRE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!
4. book ginny is 100 times better than movie ginny
5. where the fuck was peeves
6. Voldemort was fucking useless